Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010

Abschied von Griechenland - bye bye Greece


Yes - I know maybe you are surprised but tonight I leave Greece on a ferry to Venice. From Fethiye where I last updated the blog I took a ferry to Rhodos, then onwards to Piraeus.

That part of the trip is memorable: the sea on the crossing was really rough and so we had to wait for the storm to calm down for 8 or 9 hours in the port of the island of Leros. I didn't really realise that the storm was so bad as I was sleeping peacefully in my cabin. Only the other day, we should have arrived in Piraeus 6 a.m., I understood the situation: so we arrived at 3.30 p.m. Enough time for me to see the Akroplis in Athens and head straight to Patras the next day.



From Athens to Patras, with a small detour across the island of Salamina, it is just 200 KM - that explains why I am in Patras already. I now have to wait until 10 p.m. to board the ship to Venice.

After my disappointment about Greece (northern Greece) on my way to the Caucasus) I am now favourably impressed and would consider coming back to Greece one day.

Although I have to mention that compared to Turkey the food here lacks quality, a least when you compare simple restaurants in Greece with similar places in Turkey. I miss the freshness of Turkish food - here everything seems to be processed and industrial food. But I guess that will not get better in Italy.

How to continue: I will stop in Venice as I have never been there, maybe one or two days. Then I head north to the Alps, the exact route is not fixed yet but probably I have to go over the Brenner to Austria and then there are several ways to get to Germany. In total it will be another approx. 900 KM from Venice to Karlsruhe.

I hope I can continue to write the blog - internet cafes will not be so frequently available in countries where everyone has his own internet at home. But I will see. I will also try to add pictures to this blog asap.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen